Friday, January 13, 2012

Publishing about 'Passion'

Over winter break, I was enjoying the best of Florida relaxation with my family, down in Key West and up in Orlando.  However, I found myself wondering about my friends from Palm Beach Atlantic University who were constantly posting exciting and inspirational status' on Facebook about being at "Passion 2012." 

The offical Passion conference website describes their purpose as "...exist[ing] to glorify God-uniting students in worship and prayer for spiritual awakening in this generation." I heard about "Passion" my freshman year at PBA, but unfortunately, I was unaware of the conference until it actually took place.  I didn't attend the conference this year at the Georgia Dome in January, but I could feel the spirit of the 42,000 students enduring the cold front, flowing through the threads of the Internet in several news station's blogs and numorous friend's Facebook status'.

 In addition, now that school has started again for the semester, I can feel the "passion" from students who have attended. There are many students at PBA who could go in depth about the conference, but I asked my friend, Rachel, about her experience.

"There were concepts [discussed] that you don't usually think about," Rachel said. "Coming back from Passion, you really want to talk about it!"  I agree with her statement because I have been affected indirectly by the conference through those who have been sharing their faith from attending.

I thought it was necessary to share what I learned about the Passion conference, through what other's have shared, with those who may be unaware of it as well. One of the most interesting aspects of the conference, from an outside perspective, is that it examplifies how people can positively influence those around them and change the world ahead of them.  Whether or not there is an opportunity to attend the conference next year, it is apparent through Passion that there is always a chance to live life more significantly through serving the Lord.

Did you attend "Passion 2012?" If so, tell me about your experience.

1 comment:

  1. hi there! I'm a freshman and I didn't know about the Passion 2012 conference either. Thanks for the info and maybe I'll see you there next year! :)

    ReplyDelete